Tuesday, November 24, 2009

POWER QUESTIONS THAT MAKE YOU HAPPY

By Jamie Ford, www.foresight.co.nz, Guest Blogger

“There is a wonderful mythical law of nature that the three things we crave most in life: happiness, freedom, and peace of mind; are always attained by giving them to someone else.”
Peyton Conway March

In his book "Awaken the giant within” motivational speaker Anthony Robbins notes that our life experience is based on what we focus on. And what we focus on is often determined by the questions we ask ourselves on a regular basis.


The best questions to ask yourself are what he calls Power Questions. Power questions are designed to cause you to experience more happiness, excitement, pride, gratitude, joy, commitment, and love every day of your life.


Anthony suggests you come up with at least two to three answers to all of these questions.


If you have difficulty coming up with an answer, just add the word "Could". For instance you might want to ask “What could I be most happy about in my life now?”


Here are some Power Questions you can ask yourself first thing in the morning when you wake up:

1: What am I happy about in my life now?
What about that makes me happy?
How does that make me feel?

2: What am I excited about in my life now?
What about that makes me feel excited?
How does that make me feel?

3: What am I proud about in my life right now?
What about that makes me feel proud?
How does that make me feel?

4: What am I grateful about in my life right now?
What about that makes me feel grateful?
How does that make me feel?

5: What am I enjoying most in my life right now?
What about that do I enjoy?
How does that make me feel?

6: What am I committed to in my life right now?
What about that makes me feel committed?
How does that make me feel?

7: Who do I love?
Who loves me?
What about that makes me feel loving?
How does that make me feel?

Action Exercise:
Use some (or all) of these Morning Power Questions every morning for five days and notice how good you end up feeling.


It really is remarkable how much better you will feel when you make these Power Questions a regular part of each day.

What do you think? Are Jamie and Anthony full of caca de toro, or have they hit on something that you can use to improve your life? Please share your thoughts.


4 comments:

  1. I like it. Alot of the answers were the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Marie, the same thing happened to me. Maybe that's the way it's supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This type of mental game has never worked with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's why Baskin-Robbins makes 31 flavors. Not everyone is into French Vanilla.

    ReplyDelete

Please give me the benefit of your thinking. Leave your considered comments here.